Our school will only be closed if one or more of the following conditions apply:
- There is a confirmed case of Coronavirus which means school may be shut for a deep clean. Advice sought from PHE
- The Government take the decision to close schools nationally. This is a very real possibility.
The decision to open school, or not, will be communicated to staff and communicated to parents via:
- The school website,
- Text Messaging
- Email (ParentPay)
- App Notifications – Marvellous Me
- Social Media (@robhoodschool)
If school closes for an extended period of time we will operate a Remote Learning System: Remote learning will consist of -
- Exercise Book - blank / work booklets of photocopied learning) to be prepared. This needs only be a short collation of work ready to be sent home. (Mix of Maths / English / Project)
- Class email groups set up so class teacher can communicate to parents of pupils in class and email out learning.
- Learning Tasks for the day will be emailed to parent.
- Teacher input videoed on iPad. 5 mins approx. introducing lesson / objectives / teaching points. This will be uploaded onto Pupils / Video Resource Section of the school website.
- All children - ensure they have at least x2 Reading Books to take home.
As a school we will keep parents informed of any decisions made and the impact this will have on their child. Some points from this plan may be adjusted over the course of time.